Keeping You Safe at South Stonethwaite Cottage
We have been working and planning hard on the re-opening of South Stonethwaite Cottage and have the safety and welfare of our guests, our housekeeper and the local community at the heart of our everything we do. Following the very latest Government guidelines, we have implemented a range of new procedures.
To keep you safe we are:
Changing Check in and Check out times
To allow extra time for the enhanced cleaning, we ask you not to check in before 5pm on your arrival day and to check out no later 9am on your departure day.
Using a Key Safe
So you don’t have to come into contact with anyone to collect the key. The key and key safe is cleaned before and after use.
Changing our Welcome Pack
We have taken the decision not to include a Welcome Pack of milk, bread and cake, in order to reduce touch points. We have provided you with hand sanitiser and extra soap which will be in the cottage together with a bottle of wine.
We have a cleaning kit for anyone that wants to have a go at being a Cottage housekeeper. These have all been wiped down prior to use.
The welcome folder on things to be aware of when staying in the Cottage can now be found on the home page of our website. Again, this has been done to reduce touch points.
An enhanced approach to cleaning
Nicola lives locally and always cleans South Stonethwaite cottage to a very high standard.
Nicola will now wear full PPE while cleaning the cottage and use disposable cloths
Nicola has a dedicated box of industry approved cleaning chemicals and products together with disposable masks, gloves, apron and shoe covers. This is kept in a lockable cupboard in this cottage so they are only used here, to make sure everyone is safe. Disposable cleaning items will be double bagged and then safely disposed of.
Superfluous soft furnishing such as bed quilts, cushions and throws have been removed for the time being.
Leaflets and magazines have been removed and the notice board has been covered with a wipeable surface.
Games have been removed and we advise you not to use the books in the Cottage.
All hard surfaces will be cleaned with warm soapy water and then these surfaces will be disinfected with commercial grade disinfectant.
The cottage will be well ventilated during the process of cleaning and windows will be left open in readiness for your arrival.
We will pay particular attention to surfaces which are most regularly used and these have been identified on the 8 high-point deep clean plan (see below).
1. Door Handles : all of these have been cleaned first and last thing before guest arrive
2. Bathroom : all hard surfaces, taps, controls and toiletries are thoroughly cleaned
3. TV: all thoroughly cleaned along with controls
4. Lamps & Switches: all the light switches and sockets are cleaned
5. Cupboard & Draw Handles: all the handles, doors and shelves are cleaned
6. Hard Surfaces: all are thoroughly cleaned including the sofa, chairs and tables
7. Kitchen Items: all cleaned thoroughly including appliances
8. Bed linen & towels: all bed linen, towels are washed at 60 degrees
Nicola will take her temperature before starting work.
Our Risk Assessment is in line with the most up to date Government guidance.
To help us, please help us to keep you and others safe while out and about:
• Always respect social distancing.
• Sanitiser or hand wash for 20 seconds or more before and after a walk
• Park in official car parks
• Please take your litter home
Some handy things to pack
• Face masks, especially if you are planning to visit any indoor tourist attractions. These should be washed each day
• Disposable gloves – for topping up your car with fuel and disposed of safely after use
• Reusable coffee cup as its better for the environment and allows a takeaway while cafes are socially distancing
• Games, DVDs and Books
• non-essential items such as hair driers and irons have been removed so you may want to consider this
Covid-19 Symptoms – Call 911 for medical advice
If you or your party develop or have symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your holiday, you must inform us at least 48 hours before you are due to depart. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
If you become ill or display any symptoms of Covid-19 whilst you are at the property, you should call us straightaway.
Please strip the beds and put all the bedding and towels in the disposal bags provided. Please leave the mattress protector on the bed as this will be sprayed. Bedding will all be washed at 60 degrees
Please leave the windows open on departure
Please load the dishwasher prior to leaving
Otherwise please leave the property as you found it
We will always do our best to find a solution which is fair. Where government restrictions on travel exists, refunds will be given